CAT - Exam Preparation
The Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) are a group of 20 public, autonomous institutes of management education and research in India, which provide Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) degree. The entrance exam conducted for this is called CAT (Common Admission Test), which has three major sections to test the competencies of the candidates.
Number of questions - 34. The questions for quantitative aptitude are mainly based on the syllabus of
school mathematics of up to class X. Some questions from XI class mathematics are also included which belongs to the chapter of
'Permutation and Combinations'.
Number of questions - 32. Data Interpretation (DI), Logical Reasoning (LR) and Data Sufficiency (DS) are also called
reasoning section for CAT exam.
Learn More about DI.....
Learn More about DS.....
Learn More about LR.....
IIMs in India
- IIM-Kashipur, Uttrakhand.
- IIM-Bodh Gaya.
- IIM-Sambalpur, Odisha.
- IIM-Vishakhapattanam, AP.
Useful CAT Preparation Tips:
- The students from non-mathematical backgrounds must have at least 5 to 6 months to have a firm and sufficient hold over CAT preparation.
- The test series pay a very important role to assess the extent of preparation and also to enhance the confidence among the students.
- Normally it takes more time to prepare for Quantitative Aptitude as compared to the other sections.
- If you are well prepared in quants, the preparation for DI and LR takes substantially lesser time.
- Know the exam pattern and syllabus in detail. ...
- Get the right study material. The systematic, comprehensive and the difficulty level of the contents has to be up to the level of actual CAT question papers.
- Take online and offline mock tests. Take the sufficient number of tests to check your preparation level. Join only the reliable test series for this. Remember tests taken without preparation or improving your knowledge base are generally proved useless.
- Create Study Group and Utilize the Internet as much as you can. ...
- Practice regularly to improve performance. Be confident and stay motivated.